ARTstor is a non-profit online digital image library with more than one million images on subjects in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences. ARTstor provides tools and software to search, present, and share digital images both online and offline.
Access ARTstor's images for viewing, saving, emailing, and organizing in groups. (Instructors may request more privileges, such as sharing image folders with students and downloading images to incorporate into presentations by using the Offline Image Viewer (OIV).) Contact Caroline Thompson, the Art Librarian, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
ARTstor publishes ARTstor news to announce new capabilities in ARTstor, information about its collections, and other developments.
Getting to ARTstor
1. From the Library Home page (http://uwf.edu/library), click on the Databases tab and use the alphabetical listing of databases to find ARTstor.
2. Scroll down the page of databases beginning with A until you get to ARTstor (one of the last on the page) and double click it to open it.
3. Once you are in ARTstor, use the green tabs at the top of the screen to navigate to image groups. Use the pull down Find menu to select Browse Image Groups:
4. A window listing all the available images will appear. Highlight the section under Art and Science, then click on Open to see images in that section.
5. You should now be viewing the images. If you want to go back to a different image group, just pull down the Find menu and select Browse Image Groups.
If you have any questions, ask your professor or your librarian (Caroline Thompson email@example.com or 474-2412)