Use this guide to help you with your assignments, finding literature using nursing databases, identifying clinical practice guidelines, and much more!
What's in this guide?
- Types of resources: Is it scholarly? Is it trustworthy?
- Getting Started with PICO(T): Finding evidence based literature to provide the best patient outcome, based on that patient's characteristics
- Writing Literature Reviews
- Citation Help: Learn the ins-and-outs of APA
- Look at the top recommended resources for finding nursing related literature
- Get a crash course in the top databases including OVID, CINAHL, Cochrane, and PubMed
- Check out reference sources and info on exam guides (can you say NCLEX?)
- Get acquainted with evidence based tools such as journals, databases (hello, Cochrane!), and guidelines (shoutout to National Guideline Clearinghouse)
- Reliable web resources: includes freely available and fee based
Open Education Resources
- Free sources! You can use these after you graduate!
- ...in case you want a job, check out these nursing career paths and job listing sites