Registering withand will help to increase visibility for your scholarly creative activities and ensure your name is properly associated with your scholarly work. One of the most common problems for faculty visibility is name ambiguity and the challenge of distinguishing your research with that of others. You need to be able to easily attach your identity to your research Your research is of high scholarship and importance. Registering with one or both of these scholarly-focused options is a wise option to help you stand out in the crowd.
Creating a scholarly profile is important for several reasons:
ORCID is a non-profit organization that provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and ensures that your work is recognized.
1. Register with ORCID and receive your unique ID. Register here for free.
2. Create a personalized professional profile and link to your other identifiers (such as, ResearcherID).
3. Include your ORCID ID on your Webpage, when you submit publications, and apply for grants for research to ensure you get credit for your work.
ResearcherID also provides a solution to the author ambiguity problem within the scholarly research community. ResearcherID offers a free virtual space to manage and share your professional information. Each member is assigned a unique identifier to enable researchers to manage their publications.
1. Register here and create a profile.
2. Link to your other identifiers (such as, ORCID).
3. Build your publication list and get citation metrics from Web of Science.